How can we help you?
Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions.
How can I create seamless textures in Photoshop?
There are plenty of perks to using DesignerBoard3D, but a major one is that you have an unlimited range of fabrics to choose from! All you need to start is the digital file of a fabric texture which you can use to overlay on any furniture piece in the DB3D Product List.
To create this digital fabric file, follow the steps below:
- To start, open your texture in Photoshop
- Unlock texture background to create an adjustable layer and name it “Layer 0”
- Drag “Layer 0” to the left bottom corner using the “Move Tool”
Tip: Select “Snap” feature in the “View” tab, to help guide your pattern to align the layer in even quadrants.
- Copy “Layer 0” by right clicking on the layer and selecting “Duplicate Layer…”.
You may also name this or leave it as a “copy” of “Layer 0”
- Drag the copied layer to the top left corner, similar to process of “Layer 0”
- Select the copied layer and “Duplicate Layer” and drag that copy to the top right and proceed with copying and dragging an additional layer to the bottom right, until you have 4 layers (one original and 3 copies) in all 4 quadrants of your canvas.
- Merge layers by selecting all 4 layers, right click, and select merge layers. Now you have one layer.
- To create a seamless appearance, select the “Healing Brush Tool”
- Select your layer, and hold “Option” or “Alt” on the keyboard to select the appropriate sample/copied area you would like to use to “retouch” your seams.
- Once completed retouching the seams you can flatten the image by right clicking the layer and selecting “Flatten image”
- Save your seamless fabric texture into a high resolution JPEG or PNG to be used as a COM material in DB3D configuration.